Tuesday 28 October 2008

Phrasal Verbs - get



to get round to doing something = finding the time to do something
  • I must get round to filling in that form. I should have done it ages ago.

  • I still haven't got round to calling her; I've been that rushed of my feet.

  • I'll get round to fixing the tap soon. I promise.


to get away with something = to escape punishment when you are guilty

  • He's always getting away with things. He arrived late every day last week and his supervisor didn't say a word.

  • I know that if I did that, I wouldn't get away with it.

  • He stood trial for the offence but the jury found him not guilty. I reckon he got away with it.

Have you ever got away with something? Or know anyone, famous or otherwise, who has?

Is there anything that you know you must do at some point or other, but have been putting off? When will you get round to it and why haven't you got round to doing it earlier?

No comments: