Thursday 29 May 2008

Regrets

Do you have any regrets? Look at the following forms to express them:

I didn't go to university.

  • I wish I had gone to university.

  • If only I had gone to university!

  • I regret not going to university.

  • I would have liked to have gone to university (but for some reason I couldn't go).

  • (With hindsight), I should have gone to university.

  • If I had gone to university, I would have a better job (now).

  • If I had gone to university, I'd have studied languages (then).

Here are some quotes regarding regrets from the famous:

  • "One doesn't recognize the really important moments in one's life until it's too late." - Agatha Christie.
  • "The only things I regret... are the things I didn't do." Joe Karbo
  • "We rarely repent of having eaten too little." Thomas Jefferson
  • "You'll seldom experience regret for anything that you've done. It is what you haven't done that will torment you. The message, therefore, is clear. Do it! Develop an appreciation for the present moment. Seize every second of your life and savor it. Value your present moments. Using them up in any self-defeating ways means you've lost them forever." Wayne Dyer
  • "Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in." Katherine Mansfield
  • "For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: ''It might have been!''" John Greenleaf Whittier



Source: famous-quotes.com

No comments: